In 2022, the first ever cohort of graduates finished the International School of Astana. For the two years higher school students were involved in rigorous Diploma programme studying subjects at higher and standard level and preparing the most difficult IB DP exams.
On July 6, 2022, IB published the results of the May 2022 exams. 16 out of 17 of our graduates were awarded IB diploma. According to statistics, this year the IB pass rate in the world was 85%, while the pass rate in our school was 94%.
The average score on the results of the IB exams in the world is 31 points; the average score on the results of the exams of our graduates is 30 points.
Our graduates received invitations for full-ride scholarship in the following universities:
- – Nazarbayev University;
- – University of Applied Sciences Wurzburg-Schweinfurt (Germany);
- – Kazakh national university after Al-Farabi;
- – Marmara University (Turkiye Burslary scholarship).
Students also obtained invitations with partial scholarships and discounts from the following countries and universities:
- – Great Britain: University of Exeter; Oxford Brookes University; Kingston University; Anglia Ruskin; Coventry University; University of East London; University for the Creative Arts; Herriot-Watt University; University of Hertfordshire; Newcastle University.
- – The USA: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; Worcester Polytechnic Institute; Pace University; Hofstra University; University of Delaware; Michigan State University; University of Colorado Boulder; Marquette University.
- – Netherlands: Hanze University of Applied Sciences; Еrasmus University Rotterdam, Tulburg University, Leiden University.
- – Italy: University Cattolica del Sacro Cuore; Istituto Europeo di Design.
- – Canada: University of Toronto.
- – Switzerland: Glion Institute of Higher Education; College Caeser Ritz.
- – Austria: Modul University.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) is a two-year pre-university programme developed for the students of 16-19 years. This program is being implemented in 3090 schools in 150 countries of the world and is designed for students who want to receive a high-quality education, which is recognized by the world’s top universities.