Library plays an important role in development of students’ creative abilities and information culture, formation of highly moral and healthy personality.
The primary scope of the school library is as follows:
- Library stock arrangement;
- Provision of educational process, self-education in line with educational programs, information resources on different type of media;
- Creation of free access to resources for readers;
- Timely information delivery to the users regarding additions to the library;
- Implementation of best international learning practices;
- Development of reading culture and critical thinking, support of trilingualism via various resources;
- Support to students in educational, inquiry and project activity.
The school library is equipped with modern computer technologies with internet access. The basic library stock consists of about 23 000 books in Kazakh, Russian, and English, as well as electronic learning resources.
There is an area for research and relaxation in the library, as well as several working areas: book storage area, reading hall and visitors’ individual work space.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. The library supports this by providing resources that nurture and encourage intercultural understanding and global engagement and by developing a collection of mother tongue resources to promote and support multilingualism.
Free access to e-resources:
- freekidsbooks.org/toddler/ – Books that contain few words and lots of pictures, suitable for kindergarten or nursery school children, or ESL learners with very basic English level.
- www.kidsworldfun.com/ebooks.php – Find the best collection of free eBooks for kids, animated eBooks for beginners as well as advanced learners. Download your favourite eBooks and read.
- www.oxfordowl.co.uk/welcome-back/for-home/reading-owl/find-a-book – Browse our free children’s eBooks. Reading suggestions for ages 6-12 including Oxford Reading Tree, plus book lists to nurture your child’s love of reading.
The best educational resources for students and teachers!
- www.twig-bilim.kz – twig is an award-winning educational resource with thousands of outstanding short films, images, worksheets and diagrams, as well as suggested lesson plans and classroom activities.
- search.ebscohost.com – EBSCO offers library resources to customers in academic, medical, K–12, public library, law, corporate, and government markets. Its products include EBSCONET, a complete e-resource management system, and EBSCOhost, which supplies a fee-based online research service with 375 full-text databases, a collection of 600,000-plus ebooks, subject indexes, point-of-care medical references, and an array of historical digital archives.
- www.imektep.kz – a rich set of interactive lessons according to the school curriculum. Preparation for school, mathematics of primary school, mathematics of secondary school, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, English, French, German and Kazakh literature.
- www.bilimland.kz – over 10,000 interactive lessons created based on school curriculum.Available in Kazakh, Russian and English languages.Created to support teachers in their desire to make class activates more engaging and effective.
- www.apastyle.org – get more information about APA style.